Have you considered doing something radical in your Christian life?
Are you willing to live outside of your comfort zone and be challenged to put scripture into action?
Do you want to participate in a year of spiritual discernment?
Consider a year with DWELL Atlanta!
Participants in DWELL Atlanta (Dwellers):
- Live together in intentional Christian community made up of 4-7 people. In recent years our Dwellers have ranged in age from 21-35.
- Build deep long-term relationships with other committed Christians. Participants in the program come from many different backgrounds and interests. The DWELL program allows diverse people to build relationships that might not otherwise have formed.
- Create and commit to a house covenant agreement.
- Set aside a community night each week to share a meal, pray, study, and worship together.
- Share a common budget for groceries and work together to share meals throughout the week.
- Make time each month for a community service project.
- Are placed by DOOR in a ministry internship at a local non-profit for 32 hours a week. Contact the Atlanta City Director to find out more about ministry placements.
- Participate in 2 retreats during the year. These times of reflection are led by DOOR staff and help participants to put their experiences into perspective.
- Are required to be actively engaged in a local church of their choosing throughout their participation.
1. Follow the application process detailed here.
2. If you are a student or have a job in Atlanta, you can still participate in the Dwell program. Many of our dwellers are “locals” who desire to live in community and grow as Christians through spiritual disciplines and service. Local Dwellers will pay a program fee of $600/month and have the same responsibilities and benefits as other Dwellers.
Candidates who need a ministry placement will be interviewed by both the City Director and the placement director. All Dwellers will move into the house by the beginning of September and commit to be in the program for at least a year. The Atlanta City Director will provide pastoral support, teaching and encouragement along the way.
Additional Atlanta information