Are you interested in spending a year:
- Exploring the intersection of faith, calling, and social issues
- Focusing on spiritual development
- Engaging in vocational discernment
- Learning about the urban church from local pastors and leaders
- Sharing your gifts through a placement at a local agency or ministry
- Experiencing other cultures while sharing your own with housemates and neighbors
Dwell gives you the opportunity for all these experiences and more! If you are 19-30 years old and interested in dedicating a year to serving at an agency, growing your faith, and learning from housemates, neighbors, and local church leaders, then Dwell is the place for you!
A Dwell year will be stretching, joyful, challenging, and life-giving, sometimes all in one day. The Dwell experience will help you gain a sense of the vastness of God's kingdom and your place in it.
Through Dwell, all of DOOR's cities are placement sites for Mennonite Mission Network (MMN) of Mennonite Church USA.
Each DOOR city partners with a variety of social service agencies, schools, and ministries. Check out each city for examples of typical Dwell placements and work.
Dwell Program Features
- Live with other Dwell participants in an intentional community house
- Work at a local agency placement 32 hours per week
- Community day once per week (includes Bible and book studies, service projects, story sharing, cultural events, city exploration, etc. planned by the local city director and Dwell participants)
- Small monthly stipend
- Housing, groceries, toiletries, and local transportation covered by program
- Health insurance coverage, if needed
- Multiple discernment, reflection, and learning retreats
Many Dwellers keep a blog during their service time. Read this excerpt from former Dweller Savannah, who served in Miami. View her blog here.